REDI Cincinnati Announces Region’s Most Impactful Projects of 2021 for Growth Awards Consideration
CINCINNATI, OHIO – February 28, 2022 – REDI Cincinnati announces 14 companies within the Cincinnati region as finalists for the James A. Wuenker Growth Awards. At REDI’s annual meeting on March 10, winners of the award will be announced and recognized for their impact on the region.
The James A. Wuenker Growth Awards recognize projects announced in the previous year that made a significant economic impact on the Cincinnati region. These projects may entail large numbers of new jobs or capital investment, but they also are meaningful new developments in the local communities that make them possible. The award is named in honor of Jim Wuenker, a distinguished economic developer who shaped the future of the region and played a critical role in major projects such as Fidelity Investments’ Covington campus in KY, and Miller Brewing in Butler County, OH. Jim is an inspiration to all economic developers in the Cincinnati region and the Growth Awards are a true testament to his leadership and impact.
Every year, a committee of REDI Cincinnati investors that includes representatives from communities and businesses across the Cincinnati region selects the Growth Award winners from projects completed the previous year. The following companies and projects are finalists for the Growth Awards:
- Divisions Maintenance Group (Cincinnati) – Submitted by City of Cincinnati
- Factory 52/PLK Communities (Norwood, OH) – Submitted by City of Norwood and HCDC
- Fidelity (Covington, KY) – Submitted by City of Covington
- General Mills (Sharonville, OH) – Submitted by City of Sharonville
- Koch Foods (Fairfield, OH) – Submitted by City of Fairfield
- Magnode/Shape (Trenton, OH) – Submitted by City of Trenton
- Megen Construction Company (Forest Park, OH) – Submitted by Hamilton County and HCDC
- Mercy Health (Mason, OH) – Submitted by City of Mason
- Nehemiah Manufacturing Company (Cincinnati) – Submitted by City of Cincinnati
- Pepper Construction (Lockland, OH) – Submitted by Village of Lockland
- Protiviti – Americas Delivery Center (Blue Ash, OH) – Submitted by City of Blue Ash
- Summit Packaging Solutions (Boone County, KY) – Submitted by Northern Kentucky Tri-ED
- thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America (Hamilton, OH) – Submitted by City of Hamilton
- Vinylmax Windows (Hamilton, OH) – Submitted by City of Hamilton
About REDI Cincinnati
The Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI) Cincinnati is the first point-of-contact for companies locating or growing in the 16-county region at the heart of southwest Ohio, northern Kentucky, and southeast Indiana. REDI Cincinnati is supported by top business leaders and community partners and staffed by a team of economic development experts who are uniting the Cincinnati region to compete globally.
The future is bright, and we’re building it, right now.