Closer to customer, prospects, markets, suppliers - and opportunities
Greater Cincinnati connects companies with opportunities in
the U.S. and across the globe.
- The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
offers a variety of travel and shipping options:
- More than 80 daily non-stop flights to
North America and Europe
- Home to DHL’s global hub that processes
more than two million international shipments monthly to the U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Latin America
- Connection to more than 100 DHL service
centers and five international gateways in the U.S.
- In 2015, CVG was ranked the second best North American regional
airport for the fifth year in a row. It also earned the titles of sixth best
regional airport in the world and fourth best airport staff in North America.
- Dayton International Airport is the nation’s top 90-minute air
market, transporting more than 70,000 passengers each month.
- Greater Cincinnati is a one-day drive from most major U.S. metros
and is connected by several highways as well as Interstates 71, 74, 75, 275 and
471. The region is home to two Class 1 railroads (CSX and Norfolk Southern) and
one short-line carrier (Genesee & Wyoming).
- CSX includes Queensgate Classification
Yard, one of the largest in North America with more than 70 miles of track. The
North Baltimore Ohio facility directly links domestic and international
intermodal freight to New York and Baltimore.
- Norfolk Southern (NS) operates 20,000
route miles in 22 states and D.C., with two intermodal yards in Greater Cincinnati.
NS can support international trade with service to major Eastern seaports, ten
river ports and nine lake ports.
- Genessee & Wyoming operates the
Indiana & Ohio Railway (IORY) and the Central Railway Company of Indiana
(CIND). These lines carry metal products, chemicals, plastics, lumber, paper,
grain, grain products, automobiles and more.
The region is located along more than 200 miles of the Ohio
River, making Greater Cincinnati the second-largest inland port. Cargo flows
through the Ports of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky carrying liquid, dry bulk
commodities, coal, coke products, petroleum products, fertilizers, grains, oilseeds,
sand, gravel, rock, stone, break bulk iron and steel products.
REDI Cincinnati is
your first point-of-contact for questions about locating or expanding your
company in our region. To learn more, contact REDI at (513) 562-8474 or info@REDICincinnati.com.